Friday, May 9, 2008

So alone inside (even when everyone knows your name)

I woke up this morning
around a quarter after noon
listened to the screaming alarm clock
and though why'd it have to be so soon

I rolled over and look next to me
the woman lying there, my memory gone
couldn't remember who she was
last night I got so bombed

because hey
I'm so alone inside
yeah cuz everyone knows my name
and when i try to be alone
everyone follows and does the same
I went out last evening
to a local discotheque
tried to get lost in all the people
but it didn't have the right effect
so I went down
to the corner bar
a few drinks later
loneliness never seemed so far
started talking to a lady
her boyfriend said "what gives you the right"
I turned to him and answered
"well because tonight is my night"
he grabbed me by the collar
knocked me to the ground
his lady leaned over and helped me up
the whole time he frowned
she asked what did you do that for
said I was tired of being alone
she smiled and said let's get out of here
and that's when she took me home
so hey - I was so alone inside
cuz everyone knew my name
got tired of playing
all those stupid games
I was alone inside
even though they knew my name
I was so alone inside
and thought no one felt the same

No comments: